Thursday, December 8, 2011

Stocking Holder and Santa Sacks



I had this brilliant idea of making this since we don't have a fireplace to hang our stockings over. Oh wait, what stockings? Those bulky mishapen ones I made last year that we never used? And Della's that doesn't exist? Ok, so we have like zero Christmas decorations. That's right, I forgot a little. But that made me even more eager to get started on this! I get so sick of the traditional red, green and white Christmas ornaments. But at the same time the blue and silvers are just over the top. So I decided to take out the green altogether and and just have a red and white Christmas. If ever I do add green, it will be a minty green. Just because. Then I remembered how much I struggled last year making those two awful stockings and took a different route... And made Santa Sacks! And yes I came up with that title all by my self. I bought kitchen towels at the dollar store and lined them with a thin white material I got at Joann's for $1. I think I love them. The board that I painted is huge. Not exactly what I had in mind but it's what we had, so I made it work. With the help of my handy friend, Hilary, we made a stencil with her Silhouette and I painted it on. I chose "Happy Christmas" because it has such an old-European feel to it. The drawer nobs were cheaper hooks, so I got those at Home Depot. It's going to be a merry little Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. !I absolutely love it! And everything else on your blog...your are amazing.
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed four Santa sacks... is there something I don't know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm... nope! We do not have a #4 on the way haha. I made an extra one knowing that eventually we WOULD have another kid in the mix:) And hey, we might start a new tradition where we keep an extra stocking out for Santa. Instead of milk and cookies the kiddos can leave little treats for him in his own sack!

    ReplyDelete