Monday, October 8, 2012

Layla and My Recent Shenanigans.

Saturday, Jordan and I made a little railing for Della's crib, so she wouldn't fall out (again). It's not very pretty, but it does the job and I love it because now it has sentimental value. It's one of the few project Jordan and I have actually done together! Super fun:) Della also has a new little plush to her collection.


Meet Layla. She's the first of my "Nerdie" collection. At least, that's what I'll call them. Leonard is next, and then hopefully Lucas and Lucy. 




And then today, my friend, Heather came over to tackle what I call Project Cupcake. Basically, our goal is to perfect a handful of dynamite cupcake concoctions, and today, we found a winner! Unfortunately, the one pictured is NOT the winner, actually it was kind of un-delicious. But, it was cute so we took a picture. But really, it looks ten times better than it tastes. Our WINNER was a chocolate cupcake with blueberry-grape jelly filling and white chocolate chips. We completed it with a blueberry-grape cream cheese frosting and OH, let me tell you, it's tasty! A keeper for sure. The turtle cupcakes didn't turn out too shabby, either! Turtle cake is always good. To humor my brother-in-law, James, I decided to add bacon bits to some of the turtle cupcakes, topped with fluffy chocolate bacon-bit frosting and... actually the outcome was surprisingly good! Yup, you heard it! Bacon turtle cake is actually good! 



And this was Della's dinosaur cupcake:) She really likes dinosaurs right now, for whatever reason. She didn't know what to do with this, though. Some of the sprinkles had fallen off onto her high chair, and she just kept trying to put them back on it, but wouldn't eat it! Silly girl. It took her a good 20 minutes to eat half of it, by which time she was just licking the frosting off. 


So, that's it. I still have to go tackle cleaning the kitchen, though. Phooey! But a worthy phooey.

No comments:

Post a Comment