Monday, November 28, 2011

Soft Block


I have been wanting to make a little fabric toy (mainly because they are quiet) for my daughter for a long time now. My husband and I were watching a football game on ESPN when Della got hold of a business envelope and because of these fancy little plastic "windows" was making enough noise that we couldn't hardly hear the game! So I cut them out and crumpled them up and used them as part of my creation.



I used this little toy for the center of the block, if you don't have a nifty little bell-ball like this though (thanks mom!) you can just put a bell in an Easter egg and tape it shut.



Then of course you have to pick the fabric and find chew-toys your kids like to put on the extremities. For the spring-like arms I used half as much elastic as I did fabric and just connected the ends of the fabric and elastic together with a few stitches.


 Then Della turned into a robot.



And I added the last square, leaving one side open for the stuffing and bell and then hand-stitched it up. The End! Della loves it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment